Thursday, August 25, 2011

We Are In Process; Change Or Not

I found this post so poignant, so moving, that I had to share it -- even if I don't have much to add to the conversation...

I went back and read a post from a year ago, a post of mine. I used to be so caring and there was such a compassion there when I blogged. 1 year and month later I can absolutely see a separation, larger, from how normal I was a year ago. It’s just more convincing for me that I really am pretending to be normal. I see I am beginning to become more calloused and I don’t really want to be that way.

I'm not bipolar, but I have my swings...

If I have anything constructive to say about this post is that journaling can be therapeutic; so can reading our own words. But sometimes, we might not like what we see/read... We are in process.

3 Comentários

Rick said...

Please don't. Dont let the dirtbag continue to control you by becoming what you don't want to be. I have read enough of your posts to see the compassion you refer to

Rick said...

And I didn't read this post close enough to realize it was a quote. Oops

Rick said...

Well, I just clicked on the link to the post. My wife (as an alcohol and drug counselor and a licensed marriage and family therapist) often has Bipolar clients. It's a terrible (not so) merry-go-round and so unfortunate that will the billions we spend on research for this-and-that, we don't have a better answer for them.